Planning my Summer Capsule
Updated: Apr 16, 2020
The warm weather has *finally* arrived in Canada and it’s time to get some sun and enjoy the outdoors. This summer capsule will run June-July-August for me. I’m really excited to start mixing things up with the addition of skirts, dresses and shorts while also incorporating some brighter, more summery colours to my otherwise neutral wardrobe.
My Colour Palette
I’ve been itching to add some colour into my wardrobe and this summer I can’t wait to start wearing it all! I’ve got a bright red wrap top that I’m excited to wear, yellow wide leg cropped pants and some beautiful linen sage green high waisted shorts. All this colour means I’ll also been wearing a lot of basics in neutrals in order to compliment the statement piece.
This summer, I really want to dress fun and a little retro! I’m really inspired by Madewell’s stylings and I’m really into high waisted denim shorts with tied up shirts and little vintage inspired pieces like woven loafers and patterns like gingham and polka dots.
The Weather Conditions
It’s definitely going to get pretty hot where I live but the mornings and nights might still be chilly. So I’ll definitely keep some buttons downs out to throw over a tank top and shorts and a couple of outerwear pieces like a denim jacket.
This summer is going to be pretty laid back for me! I’m going to be working a lot and hopefully also relaxing a lot. I don’t have anything scheduled that would require me to dress up, but who knows! I’m going to focus my wardrobe on casual and comfy, because I expect that that’s what I’ll be wearing most.
A total of 38 pieces. Here’s the breakdown:
(P.S. I'm linking any items that are from conscious brands - but most of my items are thrifted so they're originally from fast fashion retailers and/or unavailable to link).
(from left to right, top to bottom)
1. Striped navy & white crop Everlane t-shirt
2. Yellow lace detail crop top
3. Floral jersey top with knotted waist
4. Gingham navy & white button down
5. Graphic T-shirt
6. Rust ribbed crop tank
7. White t-shirt (from KOTN - a conscious brand!)
8. Pale blue linen tank
9. Gingham black & white blouse
10. Red floral wrap top
11. Black t-shirt
12. Cream tank
13. Black silk tank
14. “Feeling Peachy” graphic t-shirt
15. Striped blue & white button down shirt
1. Everlane cheeky straight jeans (I cut the raw hem myself)
2. Elizabeth Suzann Clydes in clay
3. Black linen trousers (paperbag stretchy waist)
4. Yellow culotte utility pants
5. Sage green high waisted linen shorts
6. Dark green utility style shorts
7. Light denim shorts
8. Grey denim shorts
9. Brown midi skirt
10. Black maxi skirt
11. Light denim skirt
Dresses & Jumpsuit
1. Mauve pink wrap-style midi linen dress
2. Dagg & Stacey black cotton babydoll dress
3. Yellow culotte linen overalls
1. Denim chore jacket
2. Olive loose trench
3. Cropped black moto jacket
1. Nude mules
2. Brown woven loafers
3. Black suede flats
4. Brown sandals
5. Faux-leather white tennis shoes
6. Leopard print slip ons (velvet-y fabric)
Are you already planning your summer capsule? Are you excited for the warmer months (and if you’re in school - are you excited to have some time off)? Let’s chat in the comments!